Associate Project ManagerJob ID 104818 Date posted 05/16/2017
Schedule: Full time exempt - FE
Come work here to make a difference!
New position to be a part of our Project Management team!
• Provides project support and assistance to the project manager (PM) for large projects and process improvements to ensure project objectives are met.
• Assists with contract negotiation and compliance.
• Assist with estimation of budget or effort if required, and works with other leaders to collect and incorporate their budget or effort estimates
• Assists with determining resource requirements (including staffing, software, hardware, and facilities) of projects, based on project specifications.
• Manages small project independently, tracks action items, issues and status with responsibility for meeting deadlines.
• Provides meeting and project plan support and guidance to other team members, as required.
• Assists with planning and scope for all project phases and components.
• Works with project teams to define testing plans and to help organize testing phases and cycles if testing is required.
• Assists with developing and updating monthly dashboards
• Assists team members with ongoing processes and special projects as assigned.
• Develops and maintains an excellent working knowledge of Akron Children's Hospital I.S. Division and I.S. interoperability issues and opportunities.
• Utilizes project management software and tools. Assists with maintaining PPM system.
• Bachelor degree in Information Services or bachelor degree in related field required.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in Project Management is preferred.
• Project Management Institute (CAPM) certification preferred.
• Knowledge of project management methodology and tools.
• Healthcare experience preferred.
• Project planning and management skills, including ability to identify and assess risk to determine action.
• Experience managing small projects independently required.
• Experience assisting in and/or leading contract negotiations.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills required.
• Experience with Eclipse or other project management software packages required.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), as well as SharePoint for project collaboration and file management.
• Ability to lead and influence project teams.
• Ability to take initiative; work independently and within a team environment with minimal supervision.
• Due to the need for face-to-face meetings, the ability to physically move between campus buildings expeditiously to attend project and business meetings and to work with clients in any area of the campus is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: