Epic Data Integrity SpecialistJob ID 6395827 Date posted 02/27/2018 Requisition ID 170934 Primary Location Akron, Ohio, United States Work Locations Akron Children's Hospital - Akron Campus, One Perkins Square, 44308 Job Type Full time hourly non-exempt - FH Job EPIC DATA INTEGRITY SPECIALIST Organization HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
Maintains the operations of the electronic health record systems by managing the accuracy and integrity of the Enterprise Master Patient and Person Index (EMPI) and ensuring all data is accurate, timely and meaningful.
Possesses comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the applications which affect the EMPI.
Works closely with HIM, Information Services, and organization management to develop and enforce data integrity policies, resolve issues, educate staff who schedule, register or otherwise have patient identification editing capabilities within systems, and provide initial and remedial training as necessary.
Performs qualitative and quantitative review of records to ensure they are in compliance with standards, researches and verifies documentation corrections, investigates and audits data integrity issues, and reports accuracy/communicates data integrity issues throughout the enterprise.
Thorough knowledge of standardized processes and appropriate policies, supports a safe patient care environment, while ensuring compliance with all regulatory standards, quality measures, and internal policies and procedures.
- Graduate of a health information technology program and RHIT/RHIA credentialed (or eligible), OR 3-5 years experience in health information / medical records, or equivalent education/experience.
- Associate’s degree in health information or health-related field preferred.
- Experience in data integrity issues and automated work flows preferred.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of complex health record management concepts and health information systems highly preferred.
- Knowledge of patient registration processes preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in training or education of others preferred.
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Windows and Office applications, including database management and spreadsheet design.
- Typing skills of 30 WPM required.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment with diverse staff, and be exceptionally attentive to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required.
- Excellent written communication skills that are appropriate, professional, timely, and clear required.
- Demonstrated ability to learn/use various hospital information systems.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills, with experience in the evaluation of data integrity preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: