Research ScientistJob ID 6776213 Date posted 01/11/2018 Requisition ID 171503 Primary Location Akron, Ohio, United States Work Locations Akron Children's Hospital - Akron Campus, One Perkins Square, 44308 Job Type On-Call/PRN - OC Job RESEARCH COORD Organization ORTHOPEDICS
- Obtains tissue samples according to protocols approved by an International Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) and/or Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Prepares tissue samples for qualitative histologic analyses and identifies irregularities.
- Prepare and analyzes tissue specimens using immunohistochemistry.
- Quantitatively takes and analyzes histomorphometry measurements.
- Prepares samples for genetic testing and gene expression analysis.
- Prepares, analyzes, and statistically reviews protein quantification for identified samples.
- Assures compliance with all relevant IACUC and/or IRB processes and other regulatory agency requirements.
- Prepares and presents research findings in a variety of venues (local, state, etc.) and formats (poster, podium, manuscripts, etc.).
- Other duties as required.
- Must be proficient or at least familiar with various lab equipment including the Spex grinder mill, Applied Biosystems real time PCR, laser capture microdissection system, light and fluorescent imaging and image processor (for bone/cartilage), gel electrophoresis, and UV/VIS spectrophotometry.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint] or similar software is preferred. Knowledge of Epic software is preferred.Education and Experience
- Education: MS or higher is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of research experience with specific technical experience in skeletal biology including mineral-matrix structure in vertebrae tissues; tissue engineering of cartilage, tendon and bone; investigation into pediatric orthopaedic diseases, specifically growth plate disorders; and basic science investigation of formation of cartilage and calcified tissues.
- Must have grant management experience with publications of grant work preferred. Must have a minimum of 10 publications in peer-reviewed journals in the above named fields and assisted in a minimum of 20 presentations at regional, national, and/or international society meetings.
This is a grant funded position.