Systems Analyst/TrainerJob ID 5661087 Date posted 09/08/2017 Requisition ID 170606 Primary Location Akron, Ohio, United States Work Locations Akron Children's Hospital - Akron Campus, One Perkins Square, 44308 Job Type Full time hourly non-exempt - FH Job SYSTEM ANALYST/TRAINER APPT CN Organization CENTRALIZED SCHEDULING
Hours will vary: 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
The Access Solutions Systems Analyst/Trainer is a passionate and experienced educator dedicated to the development of Access talent and informatics to ensure a positive patient first impression. Administers quality review program by evaluation / observation of staff work against quality standards, identification of individual and unit educational needs. Creates and delivers relevant new hire, refresher, change, and developmental training. Responsible for supporting operational process improvements in scheduling, financial clearance, financial counseling, and registration by performing focused analysis of reports and providing feedback and problem solving education to address findings. Promotes and supports Akron Children's philosophies and positive patient experience in all endeavors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates verbally and in writing about the quality of work performed by individual employees.
- Reviews and maintains results, documents trends, and interprets performance data to recommend, develop, and deliver classroom and individual education and training programs at all locations.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of all lines of scheduling / registration / insurance verification / referral management / Akron Children's leadership training curriculums.
- May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Works closely with IT and Telecom technical support staff to maintain Subject Matter Expertise (SME) status on all related systems / applications / databases / phone & recording software.
- Demonstrates expert job knowledge and applies current billing and regulatory, policies, and procedures along with effective decision-making and problem solving skills to ensure clean claim production.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service.
- Contributes to a positive departmental image by exhibiting professionalism, adaptability, teamwork, and mutual respect.
- Contributes to Access Services continuous improvement using Six Sigma and Lean principles.
- Will be cross-trained to perform other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent computer skills with proficient use of Excel (i.e. sorting, pivot tables, graphs, etc.) and other reporting/analytical tools including Visio, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and Word to create engaging presentations, work aids, process maps and electronic data.
- Ability to extract data from various software systems.
- Possesses exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be competent in the use of PCs, phones, software applications, and office equipment (i.e. printers, copy machine, multi-line phone, FAX machine, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deploy complex computer/application adult learning/training curriculum.
- Requires keen analytical thinking, excellent verbal and written communication, and change management skills.
- Lean / Six Sigma preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
- Minimum 4 years of teaching or healthcare training experience required with quality assurance/audit experience required.
- 1 year of experience may be substituted with bachelor’s degree.
- Current CHAM/CHAA (National Association of Healthcare Access Management certification for Healthcare Access Associates and Managers) or related medical certification preferred.
- Ability to function independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment required.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: